Thread: Legal Falsities
View Single Post
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 11:51   #28
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Legal Falsities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
- "the management is not liable for any loss or damage caused to your property"
I would have thought that the most obvious reason that these posters are up is so that the vast majority of people who fleetingly think about sueing the corporation (or whatever) for whatever reason dont actually do so. This has obvious and enormous economic benefits - if those signs stop even just one law suit, then it is likely that all the money for placards stickers, posters and so on would easily be less than the cost of a lawyer or three for a week or two.

There is large economic benefit and thus incentive to discourage the "lunatic fringe", for want of a better term, from sueing you.

Quote:
- "tresspassers will be prosecuted"
I just figured that this type of message is more for saying in the strongest terms that "Visitors are unwelcome" without being profrane whilst still conveying a strong undesireability for your presence. Plus it can also serve as a warning for restricted areas (military facilities, mine sites or other dangerous areas) in order to discourage visitation.

The last one beats me :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote