View Single Post
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 13:26   #52
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: A chance to increase your post count by one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Whilst it is true that intelligence =! knowledge, you made it explicit in your question that you were talking about general trends rather than hard and fast laws. In my experience, it is a perfectly evidenced trend that more intelligent people will tend to know more, and are more likely to be able to infer the meaning of something (such as the 2nd question) from information they already have, if they haven't been explicitly told the "answer".

Obviously there are some cases where this doesn't apply; the classic example of the idiot savante, but genetic disorders and other similar things tend to exaggerate the number of outliers (such as dwarfism or giantism when you're looking at a distribution of heights), and are in such comparatively small numbers that they can be safely ignored.
I agree with your point, but Dace's third question stated that a person "IS stupid" if the first two question could not be answered. A person MIGHT be stupid, or even is MORE LIABLE to be stupid, if the questions could not be answered, as you pointed out.

heh... I should've become a lawyer.