View Single Post
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 19:16   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People thinking American's are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
The point isnt the number, but that its quite few who read books.
(what is the definition off a book for instance)
Well, the number does matter quite a bit since that was your entire point. A study by the National Endowment for the Arts* gives a figure of 46.7% of Americans as literary readers in 2002. Is this lower than many would want? Probably, but it's not a tiny minority either. When you consider there is something like a billion books sold in the States every year, it's unlikely that the number of readers would have fallen below 10% of the population. Now, maybe a good proportion of those books aren't "worthy" books, I'm sure there's a hell of a lot of Tom Clancy, J.K. Rowling or John Grisham in there. But that's an entirely different argument.

Besides, I don't read many books these days either. Does that automatically make me ignorant?

* source : http://www.nea.gov/pub/ReadingAtRisk.pdf
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote