View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2006, 11:21   #45
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

Ok, lets get to grips with things here. I was searching the forum as last round there was a huge guidlines/rules post made by Assassin the MH manager which im sure most of you would of witnessed. It had this below within it:

Support Planets

There has been a lot of discussion on what constitutes a support planet. Planets that are signed up with the sole purpose of helping a certain alliance/planet/galaxy/BP will not be allowed. This rule was implemented last round and we will continue using this rule for further rounds.

We will allow planets to defend friends from time to time but it has to be obvious you're also playing for yourself (as opposed to playing purely to support others). If we do suspect that planets are set up purely to defend others, we will investigate and take appropriate action based on the evidence collected.

Planets that are signed up for the sole purpose of flaking out attack fleets are not allowed. If your friends want to join your attack then their is no issue with this but again it has to be them playing their own game and not only attacking for the benefit of others. Any external BGs existing between alliances in the round are advised to come and speak to myself, Squishy or any other member of the MH team if they feel that this will help reduce problems down the line. Again, we're not trying to set out and destroy people playing together, but in the recent past people have tried to do this sort of thing to gain an unfair advantage.

I would also like to say that all appeals from closed planets will be listened to.

Now, to me that makes perfect sense. Why doesnt it for others? Now regarding this 1up issue, 1up cant be said to be abusing the support planet rule at all. Instead they could perhaps be moaned at for decieving people with using smaller planets in the tag and playing there bigger planets outside of the tag. It was a great tactic and it is indeed paying off. The rule above has no relevence to them unless of course they are majorly interacting.

Now, the simple way of stopping 1up as i have heard people mention before i came on here to post would be the simple way for some of the top 5 alliances to target the top 1up out of tag players. This will then force them to kick these more inactive players there using as a diversion in the tag out to allow there top members to join instantly for eta defence. This means they come out of hiding. Now, the planets they kicked out of there tag which should be the smaller planets, can now not interfear under the support planet rule. They wouldnt be allowed to majorly defend them or be involved with attacking the enemy. So, it seems to me they can be stopped just depends on wheather alliances can be bothered to actually do anything other then complain about how good there tactics were to create a loophole around the alliance limit.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote