Thread: Kyoto
View Single Post
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:28   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Kyoto

Not very much, bar that I don't run a car and near always use public transport and cycle (on the south coast it's quite good, but obviously nowhere near london standard). I would encourage my house to recycle and stick a solar panel up, but I live with my mum who says she has enough hassle as it is (and I think she actually does), so I don't bother her with it. But the American government's near total wish to ignore that the problem exists is pretty key in getting the ball truly rolling, because the obvious solution (as you said) is fierce management by governments to enforce it along with cooperation from the general population. Why? Because they have to build the infrastructure (e.g. improved public transport) to cope with the changes necessary, so that people can help more. Obviously there are ways we can assist via the laws of supply and demand for example by buying local produce to discourage shipping of goods via cargo plane from all over the world, but there's only so much people can realistically do to help.

Governments being generally being untrustworthy is not something i'm new to. Infact this issue is the one that really shows up capitalism. Although I remember reading recently someone did work that it was more profitable to tackle climate change than not (think it was off BBC, but can't remember)

Last edited by lokken; 28 Dec 2005 at 14:35.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote