View Single Post
Unread 12 Jul 2014, 20:25   #901
theory

theory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: R57 gossip thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Your point being? Ultores would be the main threat for any alliance this round looking to get #1. You have by far one of the most active cores. It'd be like us creating a joint Ult-Spore tag for next round and saying we're the best alliance ever! "Best alliance" is rarely for just one round an is very subjective.

You had support this round at various stages and don't try and spin it that Ultores has wanted to fight everyone without any support whatsoever. I had Ult ask me for Spore to hit BlackFlag and/or Faceless. I'd say one of the reasons you aren't in league with many is because hardly anyone wants too help you more than it's Ultores choice.

As for p3nguins, not my fault others wanted to hit them. They were ranked higher than Spore and had more value and members. I'll also point out what relevance that has? I've not claimed that Spore has fought anyone one on one THIS round.
You can define "Best Alliance" any way you want, place any restrictions on it that you want in order to give that title to any alliance you want. Currently while you admit that Ult has the most active core and is arguably playing better than the others this round, they're not the best alliance because for the last several they haven't been. I on the other hand choose to name HEROES the best alliance because they've killed more structures and gotten more good nights of sleep than any other.

If we look back through history, no alliance today can be considered "Best", you remember the days of Fury and Legion as well as I do.

Now, with that said, everything that's being discussed right now is horse hockey. People can whine and moan about blocks hitting allies, who's been in what block in the past, why that block was formed. All hot air, all nothing that matters.

Reality, Ult's been knocked back to a 2M lead, and 30k roids less than anyone else in contention. There's 20M between the top 4, and 30M between the top 6.

What do you do now? Do you keep hitting Ult together? Sure, it means less incs for everyone else, also means less roids and few XP gains. Do you man up and cast off NAPs for the last week? You'll get more incs, you'll lose roids, but have the chance for an interesting round end.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
theory is offline   Reply With Quote