Thread: Oh Come On
View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2007, 16:12   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Oh Come On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
If you are going to say that starting sentences with "And" isn't acceptable then you might as well start clamping down on people using "don't" and "wasn't" in posts, too. That isn't correct English, as such, yet we still all do it.
I've never thought starting a sentence with 'and' was somehow correct but even if it turns out that there's some rule that says it's fine (or the absence of one saying that it's wrong) there're generally more elegant ways of committing thoughts to page than

And then I went to the park.

And it was sunny.

And then a man bought me an ice cream.

And the man was very nice.

But he touched my naughty place.

and so on. Of course that's not generally the way it creeps in (unless you're, you know, writing about Dace) but hey.

I don't generally criticise other people's writing because it's a personal thing and the way you've written something often conveys as much meaning as the actual meaning of the words you've used. Getting hung-up on grammar is probably pretty stupid, but everyone should be capable of conducting themselves in a fashion that doesn't scream 'I'm a thoughtless jackass' when writing. Properly written prose demonstrates consideration for the reader; it's only polite.