View Single Post
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 11:08   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Chose timing of quest roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Absolutely, but then I could also use my mouse with my left hand - doesn't make the game any more fun, nor would it be a reward to be forced to do so.

I just mean to say that I agree with the earlier suggestion that the res/roid bonuses should also be banked, like research and construction points, rather than auto-awarded.
This touches on what games are on a very deep level. My take on it is that they're disorganization engines. You show up, set everything up just the way you like it, and then the game updates and your cons have finished, your fleet is about to land, someone scanned you. These events are essentially the game asking you to do something, to resolve the problem before everything descends into chaos. The way to improve at the game is to keep track of what the game is about to do and anticipate it.

If your research finishes, that means queuing a new one. Could you implement an infinite research queue, so that after tcik 0, you'd never have to look at it again? Sure, but then, when a research finishes, you no longer get that little jolt telling you you achieved something, and to decide on the next step. If your attacker is about to land, and the defense is a little iffy, that means hiding the correct ships in your base while leaving others outside to participate in the fight. Could you implement a system that hid the useless ships automatically? It'd be a little tricky (mostly because flak is sometimes necessary) but given a couple of afternoons, a coder could certainly get a long way there.

Game are about strategy. Thinking about what to do and when to do it is an essential part of what a game is. Not everything is meant to be easy or convenient. That's what makes it a game.

This particular suggestion is not really that big a deal. That's why I didn't bother posting until it became clear I was not the only one who feels this way. I do think it's a step in the wrong direction, though. A small step, but still.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote