View Single Post
Unread 12 Mar 2015, 16:55   #95
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 61 BB stats

NoXiouS, you're underestimating the value you get out of having 60% of your alliance's value in Fr (or De, which is just as bad). All other things being equal, that means an attacking alliance needs 60% of its value firing at Fr.

And when that's really the case (of necessity, as Tommy said), the game becomes boring. If you have more anti-Fr than the opponent has Fr, you win. If not, they win. The only attacks will therefore be massive gang bangs, because there's no nuance, no clever strategies to take advantage of your opponent's weakness. It's just Fr and anti-Fr, allowing only 4 vs. 1 gang bangs, with 6+ fleets per wave, because that's the only thing that gets you (a handful of) roids. Similarly, as a solo planet, you can defend so easily with Fr or De, that only logical strategy is spacebricks and warring the mining page.

This is exactly what happened in r51, which is why I've already said that the r51 stats are a bad starting point for a new set. In fact, quite possibly, they're the worst, not because they're obviously terrible, because they're subtly terrible. If you really want to fix them, I think you'd need to remove another class interaction, from both Fr and De. I'd argue for removing Co/Fr and Fi/De, but it doesn't matter much which you pick. That leaves Fr and De with 4 target classes each. Hell, you could remove the interaction between Fr/Cr or Fr/Bs as well and still have a perfectly viable set.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I feel for that approach. At that point, though, you might as well have started from scratch.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote