View Single Post
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 13:00   #84
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Because 99% of the player base have no clue what they're talking about. **** being generous. I would sooner entrust PA game development to 2 rabid monkeys than to the collective PA player base.

P.S. cry me a river
It's a miracle that elites like you can even bare playing with us ordinary folks
I'm truly sorry if our stupidity offends your highness....

What are the qualifications you need as a mod on game forums nowadays? Underlying hate for the game and its players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Also, even if their 'fun' arguments holds some value. It will only be fun for a small proportion of the current playerbase but most definately also push away people from the current playerbase, making it smaller.
At the same time it makes it harder for 'new' players, that we still might get from the Jagex influx, to find an alliance (see the market for lemons).

Small tags are not good for the game.
Arguments on both sides are equally bad since they try to force hugely oversimplified models (lemons, work distribution) on a complex system, whose behavior is relying on way more factors than are looked at.
The only way to figure out what is best would be through a long-time study, meaning just trying for several rounds and see how the system behaves.