View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 12:45   #64
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice
Re: Alliance Size for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Just quickly:
-The market of lemons as suggested is from the perspective of alliances, with players being the lemons.
-A tag of 80 people doesn't require 5 HC + 10 officers. NFI ran with ~5 HC's and no officers all round, most of the time less. In general, there is actually less overhead per member in a larger alliance than in a smaller.
-The question wasn't which company, Microsoft or Google, was good or bad, but that one has acted in a monopolistic fashion, while the other one hasn't.
-Servers are as much a limited resource as players are. I.e. neither is really limited.
- This doesn't make sense at all
- So you saying that there is basically no leadership required, means more tags could be run easily. Contradicts previous statements about leadership being significantly restricted. I did specifically say that there is less overhead
- Both act heavily monopolistic
- Google has 1M + servers, Facebook 500k orso. If any company needs more they go to a supplier and bloody buy some. In PA all alliances draw from a pool of around 500 players. How you even try to compare both is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
And please, if you're going to state that the constraints aren't fair, bloody prove that as well. The same rules apply to every alliance in this game, and the closest thing to any unfairness we have in this game is some alliances proprietary technologies, which really isn't even worth mentioning when tools such as Merlin are open source.
Taking last round as example - the current "constraints" allowed the creation of a cartel of merely two alliances that in itself could not be threatened by any reasonable coalition of remaining alliances. Creating a block of 2 allies is easy; 5 or 6 "possible"; 9-10 irrational. Which is why I don't buy into the argument, often brought up in this context that they would "block anyway".
How external tools are supposed to be unfair - that makes no sense to me at all. Anyone with sufficient knowledge can create their own if they consider it worthwhile.