Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Unread 11 Nov 2008, 09:48   #46
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of
Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
CONTEXT GOD DAMN IT!

I think I know what the picture in question was, but deleting the link to it is stupid. It's comparable to deleting links to pictures of concentrations camps because 'they promote nazism'.
My view on that is that this is a space based webgame, played by an extremely wide range of people, and probably a fair few young children.

It is not an edgy news journal with a pressing need to protect its journalistic integrity.

That coupled with the fact that many of the more "amusing" (and I use that word in the most sarcastic sense I can possibly muster) members of the community will immediately look at this much needed step as an open invitation to push the rules as far as possible just for the hell of it.

I mean look at this very thread, its a simple message from Firey stating that the appallingly lax status quo is finally being addressed and what do you get?

Lame attempts at humour, based on the subject of racism.

Well I don't find them funny, and I am extremely glad that something is being done about this. Hopefully homophobia will be addressed too.

Sadly nothing will ever (can ever?) be done about this on IRC which is the real problem area as far as this subject is concerned.