Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2008, 01:20   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
CONTEXT GOD DAMN IT!

I think I know what the picture in question was, but deleting the link to it is stupid. It's comparable to deleting links to pictures of concentrations camps because 'they promote nazism'.

And the same should be accounted for ingame. As Fiery says, go check it out if it's an edge case.

The aforementioned picture with the caption 'Remember past crimes'* is completely different contextually than if captioned 'OMGWTFBBQ'.

A picture of Hitler isn't racist until you add 'My hero <3'.

* Even though this might still not be appropriate for ingame usage. That's not really for me to decide.
This post by me was deleted and it might be useful for your reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Ps: there's something a little silly about banning racism on the internet.
I agree. I think many of us have moved on from labelling racists as "offensive" but simply thinking of them as "completely idiotic" and people to poke fun at.

Unfortunately, I have rules to enforce because a lot of people haven't moved on and ultimately I can see why the people in charge of the game have to cater for everyone. My personal opinion on the issue is irrelevant. So until people change, or the rules change, I'm still going to use the banstick.