View Single Post
Unread 26 May 2017, 21:32   #6
MRG

MRG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Poor poor poor Cov Opping urgent fixing needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
Protecting yourself against them means loss of income.
Not getting protected against them means loss of income, probably a higher one also.

You should gain something for capturing an agent, so that the situation wouldn't be only LOSE LOSE. It is just plane fcking stupid feature as it is now.

Also most of the cov opping is pointless killing some good roids off the game or some minor amounts of fleet. Only strategically valid cov op is getting someone in to anarchy and messing their production times.

The cov opping should be more meaningful and strategic for it to make any sense, otherwise it is just annoying useless feature.

These are not thought thru at all, just some simple examples.
- Mess someones eta
- Mess someones production eta
- Kill sight to incoming status
- Capture resources (note boost yourself, not pointless damage to others)
- I guess blowing up some constructions is valid enough too, regardless how annoying it is.

Basically make it strategically important to protect yourself. And also make it valuable if one succeeds in cov opping someone.

Most importantly! Add a gain from capturing an agent! Income back from wasting money on security guards. or decent enough xp boost. Dunno, maybe get all captured agents in your own reserve of use?
Ave, I thought it would be cool to have "double agents." They last only 5-6 ticks, but they work as a trap for that cov op guy who is hitting you repeatedly. If you manage to catch him, the cov op damage is reversed and the cost for the double agents refunded with xp. I thought it would be extremely satisfying.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote