Thread: Round 53 stats
View Single Post
Unread 16 Jul 2013, 17:28   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 53 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaSu View Post
To fix that problem you can just give the same classes the same emp resistance and armor, means all de got like 70% emp res and 120 armor or something and you just adjust the cost/init/guns of the ships to deal with the effectivity of those.
This leads to an incredibly boring set of stats by removing most race and ship characteristics. Additionally, I want my init 3 kill ships to have paper thin defense, and my init 21 steal ships to be sturdy as hell. In fact, there's no "want" about it. It's a requirement. The "solution" you're suggesting would make it completely impossible to create balanced stats.

I say "solution", because, as I've told you (and, indeed, others; this comes up regularly) before: this is not a big issue. The T2 ships do not affect the calc for the T1 ships. Remove the Fr from the calc you posted and the exact same number of De will be EMPed. All that happens here is that some extra ships are fired at. True; it's annoying and it probably shouldn't happen, but to wreck the stats for them is, to put it mildly, an overreaction.

If it bothers us so much, we should ask for the bug to be fixed; not devise elaborate workarounds that negatively affect much broader aspects of the game.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Jul 2013 at 17:34.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote