Thread: Attack Times
View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2007, 21:07   #47
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Attack Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
From my observations attack times depend a lot on what the alliance wants to achieve. If it is just about simple galaxy raids (so, like this or last round) then it is most likely a time which caters most members best. Keep in mind that every alliance is simply a group of individuals playing together.
So your saying that the time of day really isn't important at all, merely the active times of the attack group? So if I hypothetically put together an attack group that was made of all US players, if we wanted to do gal raids in the US morning, so around 15:00 GMT, it would make no difference on our effectiveness then if we launched at what seems to be the accepted attack time right now of 4-6 GMT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
During a war, however, there is more likely to be constant 24/7 launching on an alliance's enemy (Launch early, launch often).
While some allies certainly do this, is 24/7 raiding really effective? I don't have any numbers, but I would suspect that a constant stream of attacks would not really be effective. It might make sense to scatter raids over a wider range of times, that way to catch players who either couldn't launch at the normal times, or had to recall. I tend to believe that constant random incomming is not particularly effective as it is better to overwhelm defenses all at once when there are a limited number of players online then it is to scatter things out over a longer period of time.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote