Thread: Attack Times
View Single Post
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 18:27   #23
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Attack Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I would be interested then to hear an explaination of what you feel the optimal behavior should be, and what evidence you base it on.
I base it on discussions with the best players I've known (Rob, Sid, JBG), and on experience of being on both the receiving and giving end of these sorts of attacks.

In my round 21 galaxy, which was in the runnings for #1 until we were put under a last week attack so massive it wouldn't have mattered when it launched, we tried to avoid launching attacks before 4-5am gmt (basically when we were getting up in the morning), because we had incoming almost every day, and thanks to having big fleets we could cover almost any incoming in one or two fleets. In fact, the scenario I sketched out above was based on 2:4 in round 21.

Yes, daytime attacks are less successful than nighttime attacks, but when everyone in the galaxy is pushing their HCT limit anyway, there's not a huge rush to get roids ASAP.

Quote:
If however you have not found this to be true I would be interested to hear your thoughts on why you've been successful attacking outside the normal attack windows.
Smart attacking rather than 'just' launching. Both audacious and straight forward fakes, inactive targets and recall/resends all increase the chances of getting through in the middle of the day.

Quote:
Yes I have finished in the t25 and have been in t10 galaxies half a dozen times. I have never won a round (I don't play hard core enough) or finished in the top galaxy, but I have been in the #2 galaxy at least twice (memory gets fuzzy after a while).
Thanks, it's good to know where you're coming from. Out of curiosity, what round did you end t25?