View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 20:18   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Extra population 'area'

I think everyone is still misunderstanding me.

Currently finding and inititating roids is a single step. You can find and initate roids at any time, and there is a cost.

My take on the idea in the OP was to separate out the finding and the initating.

Finding does not need to be random. You could either have population linking to the probability of finding a roid or you could have a fixed number of roids being found per tick. The random approach requires pre-pax roid initation system.

My solution is to have the population (and posisbly constructions) linked to a fixed discovery of roids.

So my current con+pop settings could mean I find 10 roids per tick (you may need to loose them if you don;t initaite them withing a fixed period of time, but I'm unconvinced.)

So lets say I currently know the location of 50 roids. I can then choose to initate them - this would work exactly how it is now, with the cost of initating scaling in exactly the same way.

I am in no way suggesting giving people free roids, I am suggesting adding in an additional layer of tactics before initiating takes place - i.e. you cannot initate a roid unless you have found its location through you planet's people looking for roids.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote