View Single Post
Unread 11 May 2014, 12:19   #46
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Round 56 Alliance Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
The 'wipe you out' is hilarious. If you had wiped out Ultores how did an ult player manage to win the round?? Your wiping out skills obviously lack some bite to go with your bark.
We made a conscious decision that afetr 300 incs a night for 2 weeks, we couldn't defend our top planet and were interested in just the alliance win. We made this clear to all.

And you can never wipe out an alliance completely, but you can wipe them out so they were no longer a threat. With our war, Ult were simply not a threat to a spore win.

We made a choice to let Hasu win. We could have roided him but that would have meant Sleepless (who napped spore when we were at war with ct and only broke that when 300 incs started showing) or mikee (heh) winning.

We made our choices to go for alliance win and I am perfectly comfortable with that decision.

We must have had some bark, we ended 50m ahead of our nearest rival.

Quote:
Let me put this point to you again, maybe 3rd time is a charm. If Vikings had put 150+ fleets on you in a week and we divide that by 7 that is a little over 21 fleets a night. Now if we are talking about teams of 2 then that is 10 waves a night - or 5 waves on 2 spore planets. There was A LOT of gals with 2-3 Spores in it ,in fact it made gal raiding a pain when bcing for fang. So there is a high chance there would be 2-3 Spores in a impartial gal raid raid. So you would go to war over normal incs?
PA just doesn't get this. Ult does. But as a rule, people don't understand it.

So let me put this in simple terms.

Gal raiding does NOT have to lead to war. Even 50-60 incs a night from the same alliance doesn't have to lead to war. Sadly, in pa these days, you gal raid and get 4 or 5 pm's from different alliances whining over incoming.

Oh and the post stated 200+ incs in a week. I would suggest that may lead to war

I also though doubt it would have happened. As has been shown, Vikings wanted to hit down the ranks the whole round. That may seem wrong to you, but I can state now, it is my belief that Vikings wouldn't have hit us hard, for fear of us smacking you back.

That is all it can be, as Esper said, we can't prove anything.
We can say though with some accuracy that Vikings hit down the ranks and lost. Spore hit their main enemies and won.

I don't think that is disputable.

Quote:
Now I'm trying to understand the logistics so skip the rhetoric ok? How would you have logistically warred and walked over Ultores whilst wiping out Vikings? How would you have changed your fleet setups to combat Vikings whilst needing massive fi/co fleets to walk over ultores? How would you have got all this extra value needed when you are getting free roided by cr/bs alliances and warring 2 alliances at the same time.... Something doesn't add up.
Ok this is easy to answer.

Firstly, we wouldn't have needed to war two alliances. WE picked the moment we went to war with Ult, Ult had the chance to war us with faceless and declined.
I am pretty sure after early skirmishes (and us roiding you, you were wide open to co/fr) there would have been some kind of truce.
1 v 1, we would have beaten you pretty comprehensively (IMO).

Now about fleets. Your point is a clear one. It also misses some crucial facts.

Firstly (as I have stated), we pumped anti-fi to deal with ult but had a LOT of stocks ready to spam anti-cr/bs. We were able to use block intel (remember, there was a block but it was having issues working together), to spend for the right ships at the right time.
Now, should we have warred Viks first, we would have had anti-bs but then massive stocks to spam anti-fi when the time came. (Remember, again at a time of our choosing).
It also helped that you were different strats. Should Ult/Vik have hit us, we would have been able to ground and cover both of you (I am basing this on the fact that when Ult/CT hit us, we did just that).
It is also my opinion, that had Ult/Vik hit us together, others would have come to our aid and you would have a lot more than just us hitting you.

Infact, I think had Viks hit us early, we would have had MORE roids, not less. I base thison the fact that war is only ever good if you can hit your opponant hard and that is what we would have done. I don't believe you would have got near us, knowing we were able to stop 100+ fleets VERY early on without grounding, due to our strat.

I will be fiercely defensive of my guys. A lot has been talked about politics being the reason we won but they have been mega active (when we got 160 incs from ult/ct, 60/65 members were online within an hour), a superb defence team, and members who worked all round looking out for each other.
I worked incredibly hard (maybe more than in ANY round, back to R1) in not napping people but isolating our enemies (as did others).

Military wise, other alliances were loathe to hit us because they would not get through, and then get a shit load of retals (one alliance hc who won't be named complained to me personally that our retals were too hard lol).

Politics are nothing if you have inactive members or members that don't care if they crash, and we crashed a lot less than other alliances.

So now I have risen to the baiting of a common variety garden troll, but you at least know why I think you are wrong.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote