View Single Post
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 13:31   #25
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: text files and combo boxes in visual basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
also, i think that if you want to load a form many times, can't you just do

Code:
dim no_of_forms as integer
for x=1 to no_of_forms
     load FormNameHere
     FormNameHere.show
EndFor
Doesn't that just load / show the SAME form multiple times? One would have to try this and see if you really have multiple instances then....

Quote:
Global variables are created with a Public statement in the general declarations section of a Form or code module. The value of a Global variable is available to any procedure, in any Form or code module. Memory allocated to a Global variable is not released until your program shuts down.
This is just WRONG!
There can't be a "Public" statement in the code of a form. Try it. Not allowed. Only in modules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
another question: how do i make a table, without using excel or anything else like that?
Well, without using anything, you'd either have to use a textbox and insert TABs / BLANKs manually. Or program your own table :-/

I'd recommend MS GridLine Control. It's an OCX and should be installed on every system nowadays anyway. Also it come with the Visual Basic runtimes.
Just have a look around at those MS Common Controls. "Project, Components..."