View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 23:54   #34
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Googling your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
What do you think a person's chances of being hired would be if they listed "playing Planetarion and chatting on GD" on their application for a job?
I actually won the galaxy banner competition once. It might hold some value for a clueless jurist who's terrible at English. I still blink away a tear when i think about it. Also, I've been a top 100 planetarion player, which could only be achieved by showing my communicative and leadership skills in an international setting to manage several dozens of people in tight situations, even if it meant overworking. Maybe my former alliance members are willing to be references for my outstanding duties as an officer.

You might be able to refer to it as relevant experience if the recruiter is woman. Rumors go that women tend to hold chatting skills in high regard aswell.

Last edited by Alessio; 31 Jan 2008 at 00:26.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote