Thread: The Dole
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 14:11   #179
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You're not sure what I mean by "land redistribution"? Well, here's an example, the millions of Palestinian refugees living in camps. Whose land are they getting?
Genuinely speaking, who knows? My more general point is that there is a tendency of imagining politics is all the act of governments and people in threads like this basically outline what they would do if they were supreme rulers of the universe. I am saying that politics is much more the constant interaction of billions of individuals and is ongoing. It's slightly irrelevant what I think should happen about Palestine from the perspective of a white boy from South London because my input is minimal. However, if I was an Israeli I would certainly want to move towards a negotiated settlement where Israel ceded a lot of their land to the Palestenians. In the longer term I'd want to move towards a single state, but I doubt that's forthcoming.

To answer your question more directly - I imagine much of their land will come from Israel, some of it will be other Arab countries and some of them will settle elsewhere. But that's just a guess, not a moral analysis.
Quote:
And don't be insane. Your social changes are no more happening right now than the planet Mercury is taking tango lessons.
Sorry, I was evidently unclear. I am not saying "we're winning" or anything like that. I am saying that I don't find it practical to talk about history a series of explosive events. I mean that society is evolving all the time. There isn't going to be a revolution day where all land issues get sorted out. It's going to take time. I don't really think of things "moving in the right direction" on that level, it's not a big Risk board with Capitalists vs Communists. It's a constantly evolving situation and every single nanosecond is what we (as moral agents) should be evaluating. That's what I mean by it's starting right now.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote