Thread: The Dole
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 12:49   #167
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah dude but banks generally have the money they're lending to you. Who has the land? Some specific interest groups? If so which ones? All interest groups?
I would imagine over time, people would control different pockets of land based on a number of things. For instance, my neighbourhood goes over to the Danteism next week. There would be people's home ("private" property for want of a better term) and a bunch of communal land. As a community we'd need to decide who controlled what. There's quite a lot of Black Christians and it seems reasonable they'd have their own personal space for a church. There are quite a few young people, maybe some sort of play area. Perhaps after a few months the black Christians agree to share their space with the relatively small number of black Muslims. Who knows. I'm not saying that we'd get to a post-argument society, there'd be quite a lot of to'ing and fro'ing.

Quote:
My point more concerned whether or not it'd actually be possible.
Anything's possible if people want it. It'd be silly to say there'd be a constitution we'd never change because ultimatley a bunch of guys with guns can do what they want.
Quote:
Would that demand effectively be demanding that someone sell themselves into slavery?
I would say yes, but let's face it we could make slavery legal (in a modern liberal society) if the need was pressing enough. I'd hope if someone (today) offered cold fusion in exchange for a thousand slaves they'd be told to get stuffed because we have ingrained respect / love of liberty. I'd hope the same thing would develop in terms of land co-ownership.
Quote:
Moreover would I perhaps be able to demand something different, say, all the hammers?
Again, we could probably discuss this and see if it was possible. I don't see how that'd be practible, I might refuse to hand over my hammer (if I had one in my possession).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote