View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2006, 12:38   #31
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: We haven't had a book thread in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well maybe cos its been ripped off quite a lot it didn't feel so original, I don't know.

In terms of classics:

Dead Souls by Gogol is great as is Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky.
I'd agree with the first comment to a degree, but you simply have to put the book in context. It was 'ahead of it's time' when it was written (arguably), and whilst it has been ripped off many times since, sometimes its nice to see where all of these rip off's originated.

To be fair it is a brilliant book.

What did you think of Crime and Punishment?

Oh and to Rids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Various member of this forum will attest to it's brilliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
you should try steven erikson...
Lastly, a book I forgot to mention, which I really enjoyed is Albert Camus - The Outsider. It's very short but I would highly recommend it purely as an existentialist literary classic.

Last edited by Cooling; 22 May 2006 at 12:45.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote