View Single Post
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 18:04   #24
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all
Re: C&C Generals question

I found RA2 to be very one-sided in favour of the allies. I only ever played the 1.0 version, so maybe these issues got fixed, but as I recall:
  • Tesla coils suck hard, even with a few tesla troopers overcharging them. Prism towers are pure ownage by comparison.
  • Allies have a 'map hack' building, with gap generators to add insult to injury so that if your enemy scouts you, you can still hide under the shroud.
  • Mirage tanks slaughter armour like a hot knife through butter, and one-shot kill infantry too!
  • Aside from the main use, you can also use the chronosphere to dump up to 9 enemy vehicles into the water (18 if your enemy is about to use the 2 units to a square 'trick' so he can use the Iron Curtain on 18 units at once). The iron curtain can do what, kill a few infantry, not that useful. Sure it can own if you cast it on a few of your apoc tanks, but good luck doing that, the second you stick your tanks in a 3x3 square to target the with your Iron Curtain, the allied player will see them and send them for a swim. Also handy for sending soviet war miners for a little swim too.
  • Allied harvesters only need to travel one way so collect faster. The War Miner gets a pea shooter instead of the same teleport abililty.
  • Unless you make dozens of squid you're going to get owned on the water too, if you're near a coast allied carriers will own you.
  • Prism tanks make buildings dissappear in the blink of an eye.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote