View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 10:53   #373
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
No doubt you're quite aware of that.
No, I'm not aware. You're making gross assumptions on how much attention I actually pay to what people call you.

Quote:
Look, you said Spain had a scoring issue. You didn't specify you meant in this tournament. So I assumed you meant in general, especially if you state "but we all knew that".
I've specified to you now multiple times what I said since their first game against Swizerland - failure to create good chances, prodigal on many chances they get. The scoring issue they had against Germany isn't anything new. It's something that has been around for a while now, since they first stepped their foot into the South American World Cup turfs. I'm sorry if you didn't see their inability to convert goals against Swizerland, and pretty much on every game thereafter.

Quote:
The arguement about "I figured you'd realise it was about WC 2010 only as this is the thread about it" is kinda lame tbh. Because you don't always refer to a team and then only mean this WC.
Don't make me set up a new strawman picture.

Quote:
Hence the assumption of "Spain has a scoring problem, but we all knew this already".
I didn't expect them to score much against Germany, mostly because we all know they've had a scoring issue for a while now. At least for what I've seen. I'm not expecting them to hit in too many against Netherlands either, but thumbs up if they actually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjel
Tietaya
ARE YOU TRYING TO INTENTIONALLY WIND ME UP BY TYPING MY NAME LIKE THAT? I'm sure you know people have mistyped it in an attempt to wind me up since 1960. I'll never know if that was just a typo or a malignant post! OMG! You know, COPY PASTE WORKS if you're having trouble typing it! See how childish I can be too if I imitate you hard enough.

Quote:
I agree. I guess some say it because their favourite team got beaten by a team they don't appear to like.
No, it's just extremely boring to watch to me, and to certain other people. I've multiple times stated why I think this happens, and how I think it's a matter of preference, but the fact that Ghana and Italy are both out doesn't make me want to see more entertaining football any less.

Quote:
So a rebound is a lucky goal? Clever positioning is a lucky goal? Finishing a mistake from the keeper (Villa's goal against Chile, first one) is a lucky goal?
See here's your bias: someone else thinks Villa scores lucky (I didn't say this mind you), you think it was skill. You think Xabi Alonso hitting bar was unlucky (someone else, like me, would just say, well, hitting the bars don't count as goals).

Quote:
It actually sounds like you and Tietaya are blaming Spain for using their current playstyle. It looks like you'd expect them to play completely differently, hence alot less succesful, just to pleasure the neutral fans.
I already thoroughly explained why I think this is happening, if you didn't read it, then hands up, I can't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isil
I don't get why people say this has been such a boring world cup. I thought the World Cup, apart from the first 16 matches of the group stage, has just gotten better and better. And from the QF and on it has been brilliant.
There's been many very good games yeah. Argentina, Uruguay, Ghana, Germany, and Netherlands have all contributed to streaks of very entertaining football. However, if I'd have to name a few of the most dull games I've witnessed, I'd rank Swizerland - Spain and Spain - Portugal quite high on the list.

Quote:
The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky
Quote:
Sorry, but none of what you call are lucky goals.
Just to elaborate. It's a question of flavour.

Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdj
Just playing possession caus they don't know what else to do with the ball.
What I find positive though is that even their own players admit this statement: some of them feel they're passing too much and putting too little efforts. Hopefully they'll work on it for the final.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote