Thread: Galaxy Thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 15:00   #29
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: Galaxy Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
#1 But removing latestart and giving an extra starting BP slot solves this, if you are that wanted then they will accomodate you.

#2 If you cannot find somewhere to spend 5 mins creating a planet then really that is your tough luck. Once again in the world of smartphones and WIFI you have no excuse, if in the remotest possibility your holiday is to the amazon rainforest which i agree signing up would be an issue then you have too exciting a life to worry about planetarion.

The 300 roid idea was solely to make people participate in the game of attacking each other for roids, just set HCT 0 as 300 roids and then shift the rest along, as mz said somewhere else these expensive research hamper the game too much anyway.

All keeping latestart and exile as it is does is advocate the gameplay style of avoiding playing, that is not good for the overall game experience of planetarion and is why it has to go. If once in 15 rounds you cant play because of a holiday and being too tight to pop in an internet cafe and make a planet then so be it frankly. This isnt Plaguutarion.
"Plaguuutarion" would have far more players than this game but lets not drop this debate to a all time low with stupid wordplays(don't go suicide now al kaiba).

It doesnt matter if hct 0 is 300 or as it is, today you can go a hct 200 roidstart to get travel time advantage over thoose going for heavier hct. Diversity like this is what makes it more fun setting up the planet every round, and I rather have more of it than less.

Giving a extra slot doesnt solve that issue. As the other gals would get an extra slot and you rather have 4 active planets in ur gal than 3 wouldn't you?

Yes there are usually internet wherever you are these days but here in Norway Ive been several times in cabins in the mountains without internet connection(Not that this ever interfered with my pa playing).
But mostly the problem with playing pa on vacation is that I don't wanna think pa at all and I know that if I signup, I'm gonna start thinking about(when does thoose constructions need to be queued up again and when do I have to put up another research) (Infinite queueing might be smthing to consider would also be helpful for the not superactive terrans wanting to go total, but doubt hardcore players would approve :P)

And finally the reason I don't have that much against latestarting is cause I dont tend to abuse it myself Ive only latestarted like 2 times in my rounds in pa. And the reason is because latestarting isn't really that strong. It's not very easy at all for a latestarter to end up in the top 50, its waaay easier if you play from start. If the problem you have with latestarters is donations, this should be fixed in other ways and against t0 planets aswell. The biggest problem I see with latestarting is people not signing up from start cause their gal need a latestarter to win. For this I rater see a solution like making the top 10 gals(or smth) unable to get a latestarter.

Timed limits on exiles is the way to go!
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote