Thread: Galaxy Thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jan 2014, 14:36   #21
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Galaxy Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
It's obviously more fun to play with them in the same gal fighting for same goals, and sure it's nice to be able to join their alliance but alliances can be full and not everyone wanna make room for a latestarter as they are likely to contribute close to nothing due to lack of value.
And there are plenty of limits if your not in their gal or alliance
Sorry but this is a really piss poor excuse for keeping latestarts. If you are going to be away for 1-2 weeks at round start then you can still make a planet, give it 300 roids stick it in your BP and just let it accrue resources. In the world of smartphones, 3G, internet cafes no one is realistically far enough away from the web to not be able to log into their account whilst on holdiday.

Galaxies dont get rolling until tick 200 at earliest anyway, gals like Irvines dont start doing anything except stocking resources and exiling into the gal for the first 2-3 weeks anyway.

Latestarting is almost exclusively used to reinforce galaxies now with people who have had a crap start and want a second go or people who have tried to exile into the galaxy for 300 ticks and failed to do so. I can't think of a round when any of my latestarters have been fresh signups, they have all been failed exilers or second chancers.

Latestarting should be voided and just an extra BP slot added from start. Vacation mode should be scrapped too as it is abused in the same and the same reasons about the internet apply as a reason it is not needed. Exiling should be made hard by some of the limits suggested above. The galaxy you get given should really be where you stay, if your a good player who decided not to BP then work with the galaxy you land in and make your gal mates better at PA, so many people have so much wisdom to impart and there is soooooo many rough diamonds out there, get polishing!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote