View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2007, 15:59   #25
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who watches the Watchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
You are missing the whole point. The galaxy fund was not designed to help a planet win #1 spot by suddenly getting all the funds stored in the galaxy funds. What you are saying is basically that it's ok for one planet to win using the combined resources and efforts of 7 other planets in his galaxy.
No, the Galaxy fund is limited to giving res to the gal that is below average. And its you who is missing the point totally, to do this required significant effort, planning, defense of the gal resources, and agreement from the gal to do it this way. And further, as you said, its 7 members, or 12, or whatever they had, up against whole alliances.

Quote:
I don't see any cooperation in there, cooperation in the strict sense means i give something and get something in return. I give you resources, you help me out with defence; i give you scans, you help me on attacks; etc.
That galaxy so obviously co-operated and worked together that its beyond discussion.

Quote:
I am surely glad that PA team have destroyed that way to play, since i find it totally pointless to play a whole round to lose in the end spurt to a trick of explotation of the galaxy fund.
I am sure some players have absolutely no 'ethics' to accept a win in that sense.
Marvellous, smear them, applaud destruction of a method of play, and then smear them again. They must be terrible people, these folk who got together and outfoxed everyone.

Quote:
I myself would rather end rank 1000 by my own efforts than be donated to #1 by 7 other players. It was probably fun, but that's it. Don't expect the majority of players in PA to acknowledge Greenhills victory as legitimate.
You probably do absolutely nothing in game without serious help from those round you. These '7' elevated one of them, just like alliances have elevated their members in the past, and as such they are a magnificent 7. In the previous round, if I recollect fully, eXi focused all their efforts on certain outcomes, even to the detriment of their members globally.
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote