View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 16:40   #263
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stat changes for R15

I am glad the Havoc and Speed rounds are finished, I have actually have time to read up on PA forums again . And appologies for appocomaster and kloopy for not finishing the private beta, playing Havoc and the beta and spotting faults was bitting off more than I can chew.

OK looking at stats first of all I like the idea of SKs being in a different class to the main attacking fleets
Stops random building wiping. Some ziks will have matching sks ships to attacking fleets via stealing but that can't be helped.Still no major changes on def/attack the same race as yourself, however it will make a few attacks more interesting.

Terrans getting incs.

xan fi fleets providing you have high harpy count they wont launch at you.
xan frigs. still have an anti frig ship that gets a free lunch... no eta anti frig but still okay
Cath co ships the gryphons no longer get wiped. that helps reduce bashing new players.
Cath cr. will makes things a bit more interesting as not one cath cr landed on me in R14.(Went terran)
Zik. frig same as xan frig
zik bs/cr. Just have a high chim/dragon count to put them off as with R14 (drakes will also help)

Xans

Terran de... only if you have a very low pulsar and bomber count will a terran dream of it.
terran bs/cr.. there is no longer the double jepordy of the wyvern nicking your pks.
Just need to make sure you have enough ghosts and pks.
Cath /fico... still no worrys there 2 zero loss def ships. (will make a xan think hmm arrows or lancers)
Cath cr... the pks have been increased in armour which makes it harder for them to land.
zik frig.. only a low vsh count will a zik think about it.
zik cr/bs... have a high pk and ghost count to put them off. pretty much like R14

Caths

Terran de... Bit more to worry about here drakes now hit Crusier still only have roach to freeze now.
Terran bs/cr..More effective having bws as cr and the widowmaker being the new bs def ship.
Xan fi/co... a good supply of beetles will put them off having guardians and spiders will put off arrows being sent.
Xan frig... might be a problem in begining to mid round as vipers are only emp and need them to take the nip out of the ghost so the tarantulas can finish up. or go full freeze on xan due to low armour.
Zik frig... as with the xan but expect heavy incs from them as co ships get stolen if they cant freeze them all or surviving Tarantulas wipe them.
Zik bs/cr I predict less landing on cath with the widowmakers and tartantulas and no change to the tarantulas

Zik.
xan fi/co...the cutter will be effective against them unless the xan brings arrowheads with him.
quicker you can steal anti fi and co the better
xan frig... only if they are after xp and not their ships.
terran de... the one to worry about especially ones with a good number of pegs and chims.
terran bs... only way to def this is to have a good number of cr ships and buccs the terran will generally
roids but terrans hate losing bs
cath co.. unlikely unless there is enough vipers to freeze your frigs.
cath cr... have as many different bs ships as possible as the to spread the emp damage(bws) that means stealing. so you maybe able to steal some of them ships. oh and plenty of rogues.

I do think the v16 will be interesting. And a big thumbs up there.
But I do see more "double teaming" happening in attacks tho.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote