Thread: Bumming smokes
View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 11:39   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bumming smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah, it does give you time to do things that you wouldnt get if you were driving, but theres very little worthwhile that you can do in 20-30 minutes anyway
I find my commute (which doesn't involve being crammed into anywhere) is the perfect window for organisational stuff - to do lists, quick budgets, drafting an agenda for early morning meetings and so on. If you've got a decentish PDA with email then it's the perfect opportunity to read/deal with the 80% of work emails which don't require much in the way of response. That way, when I get to work I can actually spend my time on the tasks which benefit from more space, input of colleagues, etc.

I'd consider the freedom public transport gives one more important. I'm only going to be going to places inside London, usually central if it's a social activity. So there'll be transportation. If I had a car, I'd worry about where to park it (which seems to occupy a huge amount of people's thoughts where I work as there isn't enough parking space), and the fact I couldn't be constantly intoxicated as now. For others, having a car does change their social dynamics - they can't just randomly go for a drink after work (and as alcohol is a huge part of British social activities, this does limit things quite a bit).

If you have a driver then of course I can see why you'd want a car, but I'm guessing if you have the income to support a driver then life looks a little different anyway.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote