View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2014, 22:03   #254
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Stats - Round 59 and beyond

Here's my one detailed post!

Looks to me like De needs a buff. Xan De is terrible, and Ter De is mediocre at best. The teamup makes up for a lot, but I'd still like Xan De to be able to roid at least 1 more race.

Zik has 2 ships that steal into a class that it cannot build itself: Rogue and Buccaneer. This is bad. I suggest swapping types with Cutter and Pirate.

I rather like that Xan has a Bs hole as long as they don't have Siege. They'er not helpless against it, but the Wraith is simply amazing.

I worry about the Judge/Beetle mechanic. EMP just cannot deal with an EMP ship that fires before it that can make the ETA. In addition, the Viper's init makes it fairly bad. The only ship that it'll beat in practice is the Thief, beacuse no one will build the Revenant. Swapping the types on the Beetle and Viper helps both ships.

I dislike how many races have targets they can only build one ship against. Fi/Co/Cr/Bs for Ter and Cat, Fi/De/Cr for Xan, Fi/Co/Fr/Bs for Zik and Etd. That makes the stats very static. Once people have figured out what fleets work best, there's nothing anyone can do about that any more. Mid-round strategy adjustments are virtually impossible, especially when dealing with Fi and Bs.

In addition, even for targets that races can build more than 1 ship to cover, in theory, many are bad. Sylph, Spider, Revenant, Pulsar, Cutter and Creditor (except for people who are 'lucky' enough to cap Illusion early) are all either completely useless, or even if they have a use as alliance defense ship, no one will build them anyway. Then again, I don't think we've ever had a set in which every ship had a point, so *shrug*.

Some small buffs to Cat's effs might be a good idea. They, more than any race, are hurt by having to build more than a handful of ships. I'd suggest increasing the standard 160% eff to 170%. And while you're at it, increase Zik's A/C and Ter's D/C by like 5-10% as well. They can use the buffs.

Revanant should be Revenant.

Final thoughts: these stats need some work, but they're far from bad. I don't see any of the deep subtleties that would make them great, but they'll do fine once Tiamat is finished with them.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote