Thread: Facebook add-on
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2007, 17:20   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Facebook add-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
As a matter of interest, do many Facebook people link to any other games such as CS, WoW, Everquest, etc?

ps. I don't use Facebook so maybe I'm talking out of my ass here.
Theres two things that you can do to advertise what you do.

The first is join a group. There are several WoW groups, Eve, CS groups. All they do is maybe discuss a topic, much like a forum. But on the whole it's a way of people showing what their interests are. The groups that you are in are shown on the left hand side of your profile.

There is a planetarion group. It has 72 members. Which shows how many pa players are perhaps on facebook.

The group is called "Planetarion ruins my real life and yet I have signed up for another round". Now I am not a member of it, as I don't really want to advertise the fact I play pa, and for all I can see it only is a place where pa players gather in one place. Most I don't really know.

Then there are applications. Planetarion doesn't have an application but applications link into your profile such things as games, videos and other stuff.

WoW has two applications. The first is called "I play WoW". It's description says "Display your WoW characters on your profile". This is 3126 members. Which although sounds a lot, when you think how many WoW players there are, and when you consider how many facebook users there are (30 million now?) It is a mere drop in the ocean.

The other is called "WoW Armoury" it's description says "Retrieve your World of Warcraft characters from the Armory and display their stats and equipment in your Facebook profile. Easy to use, no additional account registration necessary!" This has just under 3,000 users. Once again not that much.

Now I know that I wouldn't really want to advertise to many that I play WoW. Heck I spend enough time on facebook (mainly being social, oh the irony) that I don't want to show people that I spend my night and day playing WoW (I don't play WoW, so I hope you get what I mean).

On the whole facebook is used for friends who know you. If I have hidden from the majority of my friends that I play pa at 22, I don't know why because there would be an application on facebook that I would advertise it.

Some of my friends used to play pa. So they know just how many hours that it takes to be succesful, most stopped about 5 years ago and a game that is viewed to be played mainly by 13-16 year olds. People will look at me as a bit sad for still playing it.

I do care what people think of me, as do many others. I don't want to admit to a secret little internet addiction, it just somehow seems wrong. Sorry.