View Single Post
Unread 21 Nov 2014, 02:43   #48
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Its funny how in some other games, when players use features in interesting (possibly unintended) ways, the devs and players embrace it rather than nerf-bat the shit out of it, or complain about it.

Food for thought.
Tbh, I don't think that argument is true. From my experience this applies only to minor features, like the sniping techniques in CS or the jumping techniques in Quake but whenever one way of play, a build, skill, etc affected the balance of a game on a level that the only way to compete with it was adopting it, the first players to come with the tactic were praised by the community idd but the tactic was nerfed.

I predict the gap between the top XP player to the next value player will be way bigger than last round. Imo the fairest move would be to adopt those points that are used for nothing in the ally ranking to planet raking as they seem to be a mix of everything that is important to play the game.

Last edited by fortran; 21 Nov 2014 at 02:55.
fortran is offline   Reply With Quote