Thread: Cons
View Single Post
Unread 5 Jul 2018, 08:24   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cons

Games don't become more fun the more you're allowed to do, the fewer restrictions there are in place. Chess would be much worse if all your pieces could move like a queen and Counter-Strike would be worse if you could replace your gun midround. It's a good thing when a game encourages you to look beyond your immediate problem and requires you to predict and prevent future ones for optimal play. If your strategy involves building 300 structures, you should have to think very carefully which structures are worth building, and which are better skipped.

Your proposal replaces a long-term strategic decision with a short-term tactical one. From "if I build 3 more RLs at tick 100, I will probably not be immune to Pit's scans at tick 1100" to "it's tick 1100, I don't need these RLs any more, might as well replace them I guess". That's not an improvement.

I do think selling ships is fairly pointless, yes. I think even XP planets shouldn't use it, it's just bad strategy. Crash your value for XP, instead, in the normal course of play.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote