Thread: 10 Months on...
View Single Post
Unread 19 May 2011, 15:04   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: 10 Months on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
was replying to you clearly. You asked if I felt that ppl would play spinners game if it sucked (implying I thought it would do) and I replied stating I don't think it will suck, but why play ad2460 when its just a poor mans version of a better game...which was my original point which you missed in your initial response...I can only assume you thought I was comparing a migration to Spinners game rather than Jagex's new game as a migration of spite, which I wasn't, as my initial post stated I feel Jagex's and Spinners new game will both be poor mans version of the 'other game' and to only focus on Spinners new game and Jagex's when PA dies will be an unfortunate oversight on migrating players choices. IMO

Not sure where the rules on advertising other games sit exactly, but the 'other' game is Eve.

Fair enough Spinners game is still browser based but with not needing to refresh etc it would play more like a 'clientside/serverside' game and its 'perpetual state' in my mind Spinners game is the poor mans Eve, in my mind Eve is the game that Spinner is trying to replicate and in having a subsciption to Eve, I don't see the point of having a subscription in Spinners game also, and I would rather take old PA friends to Eve rather than join them in Spinners new game (as the devlopment stands now). But to each his own.

Ofc it's still early days for Spinners development but as it stands on the small amount of info released, thats my opinion.

I honestly have to say that what I've seen from Spinners new game makes me think: Hm, that sure looks like a better version of PA.

I have never played Eve, nor do I plan on, but Spinners new game is most certainly preferrable to owners that do not care about Planetarion.

I will make an alliance in the new game, and will most likely not be active in PA anymore after that. Why spend my time and effort on a game that clearly does not value the players it has.