View Single Post
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 10:08   #28
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: 'Fix' the combat engine its damage distribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
I don't get how anyone could be so arrogant as to find fault in my above statement

Quote:
but as a patient person (I'm in HR so we do things right) here goes another explanation that's probably on your level of understanding...

If I went for a cheap night out and I needed £15.00 to cover drinks and £7.94 for entry to the club I would expect to spend in the region of £25.
Not much more.
I might even bring £40 just in case the cost didn't include taxes or if I wanted to be safe knowing i had some change if I needed it.

If I went to the club, had my drinks and was charged £79.37 I would be severely pissed off.

Use your God damn logic Jester and stop being an ass.
You have entirely failed to explain why PA combat should be like going to a club. You are right that, if PA combat is supposed to work like the pricing of a night out, then it is certainly wrong atm. But that is not necessarily true and you have done nothing to explain why it is. Your suggestion is logical only if certain assumptions are made, and you do not justify them.

As Jester said, what gameplay benefit does your suggestion offer? How will combat be made more fun by it? You didn't answer the question and you again assume that 'logic' provides the whole answer.

Too often, suggestions are made on this forum which go into great detail about how the mechanics of the game could be changed, but make no effort to explain what the effect of these changes would be. Not just the obvious consequence of increasing firepower efficiency, but the broader consequences for the game as a whole. Which races would benefit most? How would those benefits be balanced? Would the suggestion create new anomalies, or make other changes to the combat system necessary?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote