View Single Post
Unread 3 Dec 2006, 15:10   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: 'Fix' the combat engine its damage distribution

So, you would rather fire distributed in terms of value? thus you'd have a more even fire? Tbh, that might just lead to problems in the other direction though; cheap ships being more numerous arent completely stunned/killed/stolen thus getting though?

What i think you're asking for and is a more complex solution coding wise, is to ensure that all ships who can fire do fire at targets that are not already stunned. iirc, pre-PAX combat engine did this, where each ship effectively lined up to be shot, and then once it had been destroyed/stunned it would move onto the next one. Sadly, i cant remember exactly how it was done, but the problem with that situation was the sudden impact of "overkill"; eg, WF had guns with a power of 2, but Interceptors only had armour of 3, each WF would need to take 2 shots at each Int to kill it, thus the Int had effective armour of 4 against WF.

I'm sure there is an obvious solution around this though, i'm just too tired to work it out right now.

nn all .

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 9 Dec 2006 at 15:33. Reason: Incorrect WF/Int numbers. Thx for the reminder.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote