View Single Post
Unread 29 Jun 2007, 10:15   #37
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: A moral question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I thought of a hypothetical situation last night that had me in a bit of a moral dilemma.

Imagine if you could save a life at the cost to you of £1. With no limit on the amount of lives you could save.

How far would you go? How many lives would you save?

It doesn't matter who they are (I'm assuming the person has no connection with you), how their life is saved and let's assume that they want to be saved (so no 'quality of life' argument).
I would save none, because if you would you'd have the moral dilemma of choosing who gets to live and who has to die because you can't save all.
Plus, I firmly believe the world is over-populated and the human race needs some culling if it is to survive for a very long time. So I'd have a clean conscience knowing I somewhat extended tthe lifetime of the human race in the long run.