Thread: PA clones
View Single Post
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 17:22   #24
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: PA clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Since the code has changed, and apparently so much so that the "old" code is effectively lost, I don' t see the legal aspect here. PA is now a different game than these clones, since they are clones of a system that effectively no longer exists.

That being said, I would have no problem 'advertising' PA in the community where I'm involved. However, if that's going to be the case, I think we should be able to advertise here as well...and more than that.

As Kal and I talked about some weeks ago, there isn't any need for this hostility amongst our respective communities. We all share a large pool of common players, and if we were constructive with the potential of that, it would only serve to be mutually beneficial.

Think about it.
There may not be a reason for hostility between the games but that doesnt mean it wont forever be there. There will always be hostility because every community always thinks its better than the other and theres been many run ins between the communities of some of the longer running games. E M P I R E Q U E S T (Yes I know i'm censor evading but it didnt need censored) for example has some major hatrad on both sides towards the other. Pa players took offence to them 'ripping' pa off and then their players coming here advertising the game. This was then made worse by their admin NickB's actions on here and the lack of action spinlock took to punish him for his actions. EQ took offence because they didnt like us invading their forums to complain about NickB and demanding action. While over time this has probally become less heated it will still be there and your never going to get the communities to be that friendly.

Its like expecting all fans of rangers and celtic or Man Utd and Leeds Utd/Liverpool/Man City or Liverpool and Everton to be best pals . Its just never going to happen
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote