Thread: Oh. My. God.
View Single Post
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 05:23   #23
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oh. My. God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
This is a good thing, just poorly implemented.
Its about time windows started to bug people about running things as admin, and about time other software developers started working on not requiring this access to do things.
If it nagged a little less it would be good, since as things currently stand people are simply turning it ( and the protection it offers ) off because it never ever shuts up. This is also the fault of the developers of all the bits of software which seem to desire admin access too btw.
While I generally agree on the whole, I don't believe its entirely the fault of app devs doing things they shouldn't. It would seem that UAC freaks out occasionally about things writing to the registry in general. Seeing as 99.99% of apps are relient on the registry to store settings its a bit ludicrous.