Thread: Round 61 stats
View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2015, 23:37   #46
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Round 61 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Faking is perfectly possible with these stats. I'm having a hard time even imagining how one would go about making that impossible, to be honest. In any case, even if correct, that'd be a completely unrelated to "you can't solo with these stats".
I'm not turning this into a troll thread (SD imo should be flame free and be an exchange of ideas unlike AD posting culture... if I have come across in this manner I apologize)

I'll explain myself on how I come to the conclusion of you can't solo with these stats without going etd Fi or cath bs (i'll explain and explain how one could fake meta classes.)

As the stats/game mechanics stands... Winning players are usually value players (I can recall an exception in r16 branded the XP round) best way to win is to get roids and crash as little ships/value as possible.
Xp playing isn't as profitable as playing value especially for alliance play (value = more ships which usually means less fleets to cover inc for ally mates in comparison to an xp player etc.)

using this round as an example
http://kia.cthq.net/index.php?p=rankalliance
Ultores have won due to value superiority rather than xp gains etc.
(ultores from my understanding played the politics aswell)

With this in mind what I would call a successful attack is capping the most roids as possible with the least ship losses as possible ideally 0 loss.
(the first/last 3 days of a round you can cap alot of xp and losses can be ok but generally most of the round is crash as little ships as possible for roids.)

When you come to attacks and defense... Most DCs will prioritize defense on the member usually by some defense priority system which in case usually the top planets get priority. (I'm aware the Ultores defense culture its help yourself to cover your incs but get told off HC if you leech too much defense etc Ive been too much out of the loop to know how Ultores would prioritze defense for mass incs / gangbanging) which will mean in most cases the top planets will get first choice in available defense ships.

in terms of % landing youre going to have better odds bottom feeding than hitting fat/top planets i'll explain why. (Mz did raise the point of having a defense pool of ships and when that runs out they lose roids)

In cases of Fr/De/Cr inc the best way to DC it is to inflict losses to the attacker suffient enough to force them to recall at the same time have losses reasonably covered so they don't call your bluff and land it / play chicken etc.

Lets use frig an as example.
If you solo xan fr and you solo on a zik planet (you will get what I call "first cut in") the xan fr ships fire before the zik ships do.

taking similar planets less than 1 week old say 100k value 150k score. 500ish roid planet.
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=xu02ps12tww2t0w
As a DC what would be the best way to defend it...
My choice would be is to get ships that fire before the xan ships do ideally kill ships. I would use Sylph and Moth and flank it using co ships.(run the de ships)
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=601x8mg4sk0dafv (ideally covered)
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=0qvurylahbn0rt6 (covered with using kill only)

Now to reverse the roles with a zik frig attacking a hulls 1 ter planet. (cr rush would be an option but the hydra is such a dire ship its not worth rushing cr imo... my arguement for not being able to solo with ter cr and would need to team up with xan cr which will take xans with their current research rate a good while to catch up with their terran counter parts not to mention the odds of getting hulls 3/BS defence on your cr attack unlikely for the first week/few days but for most xans they will miss this benefit imo)
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=409ulszxqmcax6a
best way I would cover it if I had first shout on alliance defense ships
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=4pnmr2k6vnu49h9
even if faked youre running the risk of crashing.
(not to mention demo cath scanners take 2-3 days to get AU, which I would need to check)

now to cover against weaknesses it would be better and I bet if there is an alliance / alliances going frig they would encourage their ziks and xans to mix their fleets so there is a higher defense tolerance in landing their attacks. Ghost and clipper heavy fleets.

This means to compensate for teaming up in this manner you will have to be organised in team mates and reduces the % of being able to live launch etc .Meaning showing up on JGP and since most alliances attacks are alliance wide it also means higher % of leaks for landing ticks etc I.E. PLed Wraith etc... I have said in the past it is best for Attacks to be in BGs and only BCs can see the big picture of the attack to reduce % of leaks (The IRA did their attacks in cells etc)
(if I can't find a decent target on the raid I either find a retal on the alliance defense page or jgp a target on the raid and hit a defender with fleet out etc if I am up at peak times)

edit - Etd fi gets first cut in even though it is EMP and imo MHs will have to keep an eye out for blatent ship farming of non etd Fi ships and cath BS only Illuminators fire before it from a cr defense angle but doesnt stop roach firing/getting in first cut etc.
Cath de fires first v frig class defense but is open to bs/cr def ingal. which means great for bottom feeding but not hitting top gals in comparsion

The only 2 faking meta class options are cath de as Bs and xan fr as cr but even then your targets are limited due to their fleet compositions.

If I had some AUs from the beta I could demonstrate this better. in general you could fake xan fr as cr on other xans and cath de as bs on hulls 2 xans as examples.

Last edited by Paisley; 23 Feb 2015 at 00:04. Reason: edit - added more.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote