View Single Post
Unread 17 Apr 2017, 11:20   #181
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R71 Prediction, drama, and fun thread.

First I think you give ult too much credit. Of course they wont backstab others on their block as that would be totally against their interests. This is why I thought FAnG's explanation for breaking agreements to hit p3n so strange; why would Ult hit FAnG if they refuse to hit p3n? It would just add another enemy to Ult's list.

If there were an equivalent on the other side who was a clear block leader they too would have no incentive to 'backstab' as the same dynamics would apply.

Second I also think you are going too far to say what most of the members of the block were doing was backstabbing. It was abandonment. For the most part allies did not suddenly turn around and hit each other while still fighting ult, they simply abandoned the fight. All the fighting each other was either a, threats to get allies to hit ult in the first place, or b, the fallout from the end of fighting ult. Neither of which implies there was a fear of being attacked by the other members of the block while fighting. The fear was totally different; that a few allies would be caught fighting a losing war with others while a group of others sat it out benefiting. The problem is that sitting out and benefiting while others fight is rational.

Ultimately honour had nothing to do with either side's actions. Both were guided by rational self interest.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote