View Single Post
Unread 1 Dec 2006, 14:55   #16
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of
Re: IE 7 (hey leshy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
You missed my point.
IE is not something which should have been part of the operating system in the first place. it was tied together for political, not technical reasons and we all have to suffer the consequences of these actions today.
I have no problem with updates for the sake of security, i do have a problem with bundling and claiming it as part of an operating system when it is quite clearly a seperate application.
As a seperate application - it would have to rely on its own merits as to how successful it is and not the success of the operating system it was tied into.
So the average IT ignorant user has to go out again and buy (?) an additional application to browse the internet?
Or he could just start the browser delivered with the OS and download the browser of his choice... oh wait...

Computer systems and software are already complicated enough, don't make it even more difficult for the average user.
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote