Thread: Fakenicking
View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 00:01   #41
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Fakenicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I don't actually fake nick anymore, normally because I don't think it means much. Someone, somehow can and will find out your nick, unless you are truly dedicated to the cause. It is possible to fake nick the whole round but you lose out on the social side of things, if you have two mircs running, you really only chat in one.

I can't remember what round it was, round 16? The round where Ascendancy won. Well that round there were two galaxies at the top most of the round. Mine/stiflers and jerome/bwtmc. Funny thing was both galaxies had a lot of players who didnt fake nick.

I set up a channel for my galaxy and put the buddypack in it. We then got quite lucky, rob exiled into it, qsp and a few others. We also had that round 1up, Ascendancy, New Dawn and Angels in the galaxy (the 4 main alliances) so we had nothing to lose nick wise as we were in the arbiters because of our buddypack members. In the end we added every member who we were convinced werent fake nicking.

It was also the first round where I felt I helped teach someone the game. He actually got a really good rank. On the whole the round went well. The galaxy channel was quite active and our rank spoke for itself.

Jeromes galaxy I believe were much like ours, didnt care too much about fake nicking, and once again the rank speaks volumes.
not a single person fakenicked in our gal but then again, i don't remember anyone who was active that was in an alliance other than ascendancy apart from expl8t, who realnicked as well
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote