Thread: Fakenicking
View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:12   #3
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Fakenicking

I can think of a few other reasons why we weren't identified:

1) Most alliances probably identify people by defence contacts. Since we didn't have defence channels, we couldn't be identified in this way.

2) We didn't have a list of nicks on the overview (partly because, as per #1, we didn't need to list defence channels). Anyone exiling in for a brief stay would have had to spend time on IRC to get an accurate list of coords to nicks.

3) Perhaps nobody really knew or cared who we were.

That said, I agree with the point about fakenicking. It's also worth pointing out that pdmaster did exceptionally well with a real nick, even using it as his rulername. Had I not been set on exiling into 9:10, I would have stayed in 2:6 early in the round simply because I saw a name that I recognised as that of a known good player.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote