View Single Post
Unread 23 Sep 2010, 10:55   #78
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Ive been trying to find my planet history but cant.. I jumped to #1 on XP at the beginning of this round due to BS rushing..

I hit 3 top players and landed on 2 of them while i had hardly any value or anything.. I capped 300 roids and jumped 200k score which took me to #3.

Ontop of that, you're now saying i should of got an additional 120k value? pushing my value well ahead of anyone elses and giving me a huge value lead at the beginning of the game?
No we're trying to say that instead of gaining that 200k score, which is worthless in this valuebased game, you should be able to trade in that 200k score for 200k shipvalue. And with that reward the player that dares to attack up over rewarding the player who noobraids and gets 75 consecutive roids each and every night.

While i agree with you it will make defending top players harder (as more ppl are willing to land), you shouldn't forget that in the current setup it is harder to defend versus those top players aswell. For instance this round i've seen all top 10 players hitting just above their bashlimit, where there were 8 to 10 fleets needed to defend against it. On the other hand for those players to hit the top player back they need at least 3 to 4 fleets to safely(read without losses) land, and even then he would need only 1 additional deffleet to get covered. This results in a situation where if you have not performed too well in the first 200 ticks of the roidrace you have no chance to get back into it.

If needed i can substantiate above claim with a copy of my incoming history.

Quote:
Here's the thing.. We've implemented:
1. Bash Limit
2. Variable Roid Cap Rates
3. XP
ontop of the fact, that attacking bigger players brings bigger rewards anyway, as they have more roids and that alliances have to take down the top players of other alliances in order to win.

Do we really need to add in XP Trade for resources, Attacker Salvage and Fleet Morale to try and solve the problem?
And how well have those implementations helped in tackling the problems of noobraiding and the lack of incentive to allow a bit of losses?

1. Bash limits aren't effective until later in the round when the difference between the noob and the top players grow. The current bashlimit allows top players to hit over 50% of the universe up to half way the round, and with late signups being supported through the galaxy and alliance fund to attack smaller/allianceless players there is no chance for them to get into the game until around tick 800+
2. Variable roid cap is ineffective as top players can send out half (or even a third) of their fleet to players just around their bashlimit and still get way more roids then anyone on their bashlimit can.
3. Like you said yourself XP is useless score and doesn't add anything but score so it isn't worth it to sacrifice an easy land for taking a risk.

wow, that's some great implementations to help solve the problem there...

Quote:
We've implemented multiple things now to encourage people to hit top players, none of them work. Why? As they're top players, people dont want to hit them as no-matter what is implemented, they are much less likely to land successfully
And why are they much less likely to land succesfully? because there is nothing to be gained except useless score...

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote