View Single Post
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 00:57   #58
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Expantion OF PA Community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
- To counter instable networks - choose one server where you and your (main) bots are on
No server is 100% reliable, the connected will break eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
- to counter nick-thieves - educate your users to only talk with your bot when they and the bot are sitting in a secret channel and the bot is opped*
I was primarily referring to defense bots and the like. By definition the majority of users for these will be players you don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Theres no official web IRC for players at work behind evil firewalls.
This is certainly something we can look into if there's an interest in it. This is the first time I've seen it brought up, however.

Quote:
The ability to register a "group" similar to the freenode IRC network .....
My final year university project was based on desgining IRC services for a gaming network like NetGamers. It culminated in a software prototype with exactly these features. However with the lack of user interest in the program I haven't touched it for some months.

Quote:
Channel ownership features from ircu2.10.12 would also be great...
As far as I know this ircu extension was never fully tested nor finished, and is certainly not implemented on Undernet.