View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 19:58   #56
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Expantion OF PA Community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I must admit that I don't remember this Alliance Hosting that you're talking about - the only Alliance Hosting that I remember was in-game. Wakey would probably remember.
During my time in PAteam one of the pet projects was the official but external alliance hosting feature. Now in Zippys master scheme of things the cornerstone of this was a AHbot.

From what I recall it never really worked out that well. A very basic version may have been tried for a round but it lacked features and apart from maybe whatever alliance Zippy was involved withat the time (was probally FX9) no half decent alliance used it as it didnt add anything that their own tools didnt give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The 3 channel limit shouldn't really pose a problem - if you need more than three channels, just get one of the other HCs to own the channel.
Actually there are issues with channel registeration imho and that whole area is one that I firmly believe NG need to listen to and work with the community into finding a solution. The amount of times I've had to get BC's to register channels as we have run out of active channel spaces in the hc is so much id struggle to count them on my fingers and toes.

The alliances tried to discuss the issue of channel registeration before but really got confronted with a brick wall which is a shame as NG does somewhat rely on the people PA brings to the table and it would be nice if both parties could work together to make both PA and NG more successful
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote