View Single Post
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 00:42   #28
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Re: Roid capping vs stealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I don't think Rob's formula rewards XP for dead ships, infact it reduces it. What he's proposing is weighting the value of fleets defending (increases XP) against the number of ships the attacker loses (decreases XP) to help determine XP.

The fleet commanders bit (although I think from what Rob is getting at, he's correct) is thoroughly irrelevant. All he's proposing on this little bit is a feature which shows how much XP and resulting score you get in combat reports to show newbies that they need to think about XP.
Thats the way I read it aswell.

Its a good idea, with strong merits. To be honest though, if someone can find a middle ground wrt to the attacking/defensive nature of the stats, all this might even be unnecessary.